Volunteers are essential to the success of Good Shepherd Center and help us improve the lives of homeless women and children in our community. We would love to have you join our team as a volunteer. Prior to volunteering we strongly reccomend that you participate in a tour of our facilites. Tours are offered the second Saturday of the month at 10:00 am. NOTE: There will be no tour in December.
Tours begin at our Farley House Residence, located at 1671 Beverly Blvd. Parking and entrance to the building are in the alley located one block north of Beverly Blvd., off Union Ave.
The tour takes a little more than an hour and will be followed by a Volunteer Information and Orientation. If you are interested in volunteering or learning how how you can get involved (e.g. donating, serving on our Auxiliary Board, or assisting with fund-raising), we strongly encourage you to participate in the tour.
Those that attend the Volunteer Information and Orientation portion will:
- Learn more about Good Shepherd Centers’ programs
- Be provided with a list of current volunteer opportunities and a job description
- Have an opportunity to fill out a volunteer application
If you would like to participate in the tour or attend the Volunteer Information and Orientation, please contact Annemarie at email@example.com.
Requirements for Volunteers:
- Fill out a volunteer application
- Pass a background check.or be live scan fingerprinted at one of our Live Scan Centers. (depending on your volunteer position).
- TB clearance (at your expense or there are facilities that do it for free; we will provide you with that information)
- Interview by a staff member/s
- Please note: Minors do not need to pass a background check but will need parental or guardian approval (signature)
If you would like to attend the orientation, please contact Annemarie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Join our Outreach Team
- Join our Auxiliary Board
- Assist in our Family Services Program
- Serve as a tutor in Math or English for women working on their GED. Tutoring is one on one and hours are flexible.
- Prepare (or cater) a meal and serve to residents at one of our shelters
- Facilitate an employment related seminar-this can be a one time commitment.
- Organize our donation room. You must be able to work independently with little supervision. Hours are flexible but must be weekdays, during regular business hours. Great organizational abilities a plus!
- Facilitate a drive (food, toiletries, beauty products). Ask about our incentive program.
- Volunteer opportunities change periodically depending on our needs at the time. We welcome your ideas.
806 total views, 0 today