1000 Vin Scully Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90012
SUSAN G. KOMEN
LOS ANGELES COUNTY MORE THAN PINK WALK
Rebranding Announced During National Breast Cancer Awareness Month
Los Angeles, CA… Susan G. Komen Los Angeles County will hold its event at Dodger Stadium on Saturday, March 9.
Known for raising significant monies to help those with breast health issues in Los Angeles County, the affiliate announced rebranding its major fundraiser, known for the past 21 years as the Race For Cure® this month during National Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
With many activities, the Kids Zone, Expo, Survivor’s and areas, Reflection Tent, in addition to the fun More Than Pink Walk, there's something everyone will enjoy.
Sponsored by AutoNation, Sit N' Sleep, Anthem, The Citadel and CBS-2/KCAL-9, this year's event is expected to surpass last year's attendance of 6,000, nearly 400 survivors in attendance, and over 900 members on the largest corporate team.
“We are proud to be advocating for the breast health needs of LA County families, but we have a long way to go before we end this cancer entirely. One in eight women and some men will have this devastating disease during their lifetime. Breast cancer kills one person every 60 seconds. Please join us and support this event through participation and fundraising so we can continue to provide no-cost services to those most in need," explained Mark Pilon. executive director of Susan G. Komen Los Angeles County. “Our attendees gather together to celebrate their lives, to support one another. They are more walker than runners. Thus, our rebranding to embrace more of our community. To encourage even more attendance this year, we’ve reduced the registration fee to $15 for the rest of 2018. On January 1, 2019 it will increase to $30,” announced Mark Pilon.
Through events like the Los Angeles County More Than Pink Walk, Komen Los Angeles County invests 75 percent of the funds raised to support vital local breast health services, and dedicates the remaining 25 percent to national research to find the cures.
To participate, call 310.575.3011 or visit http://komenlacounty.org/race.
About Susan G. Komen® and Komen Los Angeles County
Susan G. Komen is the world’s largest breast cancer organization, funding more breast cancer research than any other nonprofit while providing real-time help to those facing the disease. Komen has set a Bold Goal to reduce the current number of breast cancer deaths by 50 percent in the U.S. by 2026. Komen was founded in 1982 by Nancy G. Brinker, who promised her sister, Susan G. Komen, that she would end the disease that claimed Suzy’s life. Komen Los Angeles County is working to better the lives of those facing breast cancer in the local community. Through events like the Komen More Than Pink Walk, Komen Los Angeles County has invested $10,535,590 in community breast health programs in Los Angeles County and has helped contribute to the more than $920 million invested globally in research. For more information, call 310-575-3011 or visit http://komenlacounty.org.
*2018 Race for the Cure® photos are available upon request.
29 total views, 0 today