Become a White Point Nature Center Docent!
With added support from Nature Center Docents, the Conservancy is better able to inform the public about ongoing land preservation, restoration work and the mission of “preserving land and restoring habitat for the education and enjoyment of all.”
As a Volunteer Nature Center Docent, you will support open hours of White Point Nature Education Center (Wednesday, Saturday, or Sunday 10am-4pm) for the public, sharing information about the exhibits and Nature Preserve, along with continuing to expand knowledge of the local area.
The Nature Center is a hub for visitors to learn more about efforts by the Land Conservancy, local ecology, geology and cultural history. Visitation at the site can vary between quiet with the occasional hiker to bustling with excitement for for plant sales, guided hikes, field trips, lectures and other events.
- Greet visitors, answer basic questions about PVPLC, preserve and local nature, or direct visitor to resources such as landmarks on the peninsula
- Assist with monthly projects around center like exhibit rotation, keeping information current in kiosk, light cleaning or gardening
- Assist with preparations for workshops, field trips and plant sales
- Create a safe place and fun atmosphere for children and adults
- This opportunity is 18 and over.
To sign up please visit:
71 total views, 0 today