On Sunday, February 26, you can make a difference in the Jewish community in five meaningful ways and at locations throughout Los Angeles when you volunteer as part of Federation's Community Service Day. Choose from these ways to give back — and feel great about making time to make a difference:
- Day of Good Deeds — At Aegis of Granada Hills, you can paint canvases with the senior residents at this family-friendly event. No art skills required — just the desire to brighten a senior's day.
- Beit T’Shuvah — Join the residents of Beit T’Shuvah in feeding the homeless. In the morning, you can make sandwiches and burritos for the homeless with Beit T’Shuvah residents. In the afternoon, you can help distribute.
- Ronald McDonald House — Join the members of YALA, ages 25-40, to make meals for resident families so they can relax and spend time with their hospitalized children.
- Aviva Family and Children’s Services — Participate in arts and crafts with, and get to know at-risk teenage girls staying at the Aviva Center. (Volunteers must be 18 or older.)
- Jewish Community Inclusion Festival for JDAIM — Celebrate Jewish Disabilities Awareness Month by helping those with special needs and their families enjoy a day of fun. (Volunteers must be 13 or older.)
For more info and to register, please click HERE.
55 total views, 0 today