2017 Orientation Dates
March 25, 9am
May 20, 9am
July 22, 9am
September 23, 9am
November 18, 9am
Signup links for orientations are posted on this page three weeks prior to the orientation date.
The Volunteers of the Burbank Animal Shelter (VBAS) is a 100% volunteer-run organization looking for committed volunteers who are able to provide basic care for the animals and assist with adoptions as well as participate in and run their various programs.
- You must be 18 years of age or older.
- You must commit to volunteer 8 hours per month.
- You must commit to volunteering for a minimum of one year.
- Orientation occurs every other month.
- Please allow 60-90 minutes for the orientation.
- During Orientation they will cover general Shelter duties, event committees, VBAS requirements, training, KFP, take a tour and Q&A.
- Orientation is on a first-come, first-served basis. The first 30 people to sign up will be able to attend Orientation. If you miss this, you will have to wait and attend the NEXT Orientation posted date.
- Sign up for the March 25th orientation session to sign up for the next orientation session starting March 4th.
Volunteer Application Process
- Applications are available at http://thevbas.org/volunteer for one week after each orientation.
- Upon receipt of your application you will be given a list of Volunteers with their schedules and observe them at the Shelter at least 2 times.
- You will then be move on and be interviewed by a VBAS member.
- You will then go through LiveScan and a minimal background check as required by the City of Burbank.
- Please note: completion of any or all of the above steps does not automatically constitute acceptance as a VBAS volunteer. Upon approval from both the VBAS and the Burbank Police Department, your badge will be available and you will be contacted to schedule your first training session.
- Please allow approximately 3-6 months to complete this application process.
76 total views, 2 today