As a Nature Center Docent, you will support open hours of George F. Canyon Nature Center (Fridays 1-4pm, Saturday, or Sunday 10am-4pm) for the public, sharing information about the exhibits and trail, along with continuing to expand knowledge on the local area. The Nature Center is a hub for visitors to learn more about efforts by the Land Conservancy, local ecology, geology and cultural history. Visitation at the site can vary between quiet with the occasional hiker to bustling with excitement for guided hikes, field trips, and other events.
– Greet visitors, answer basic questions about Palos Verdes Peninsula Land Conservancy (PVPLC), preserve and local nature, or direct visitor to resources such as landmarks on the peninsula
– Assist with monthly projects around center like exhibit rotation, keeping information current in kiosk, light cleaning or gardening
– Assist with preparations for and implementing hikes and special events such as scout badges, birthday parties and student field trips
– Create a safe place and fun atmosphere for children and adults
– Assist in care of captive live animals
No skills or experience required. An interest in learning more about the Peninsula and George F. Canyon’s local natural and cultural history and geology. Must be 18 years or older.
For further information and to sign up please visit:
35 total views, 1 today